Your Mannash Jewellery is made from 925 sterling silver. A beautiful precious metal that does need a little love and care to keep it at it's best. Tarnish is caused by a reaction with Sulphur that naturally occurs in the air.
Tarnished silver will turn a darkish grey-black colour and is most easily removed when it first becomes visible. Sterling silver will naturally tarnish with exposure to the air, environment, perfumes, moisturizers, hairspray, soaps and perspiration etc. These are obviously a fact of life so regular cleaning will help keep your silver sparkling.
5 easy ways to keep your silver jewellery at it's brilliant best:
- Make accessorizing the last finishing touch – Select your jewellery after you have applied make-up, perfume and hairspray to avoid unnecessary contact with these chemicals.
- Do not swim or shower in your jewellery.
- Remove your jewellery before exercising - wrestling with a wayward necklace mid downward dog is not a good look anyway!
You may want to show off your jewellery on the beach but the direct sunlight, sand and salt water won't do it any favors, save it to wow when having cocktails later.
- Storage is king! Continue reading for our guide to putting your jewellery to bed.
Storing your sterling silver jewellery
- Sterling Silver loves somewhere cool, dark and moisture free to live.
- Fasten all of your chains to stop them getting tangled, always fasten any extender chains on the last hole.
- Store your jewellery in an airtight jewellery box or even in little airtight Ziploc bags or soft pouches (delivered to you with the product you ordered ) and always separately as they can scratch each other.
Wonderfully silver that is regularly used typically needs less care, so a great reason to wear your beautiful pieces regularly.